Notice is given that pursuant to Section 26 of the Harbors and Navigation Act 1993, Department for Infrastructure and Transport has granted an Aquatic Activity Licence to Ski Racing South Australia to conduct water ski racing on an area of the River Murray at Murray Bridge as follows:
For the full width of the river upstream end of Hume Reserve to 200 metres upstream of the Swanport Bridge on 11th, 12th, and 13th June 2022 between the hours of 8.00 am and 4.30 pm each day.
No access corridor will be provided – vessels may pass through the licensed area only at the discretion of the duty boat operators.
SKI RACING SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Swanport Hotel 7:30pm
Entries are now open for the SA Titles to be held in Murray Bridge on the June long weekend.
It seems the Covid God’s are finally giving us a break and it is with enormous relief, the Board of SRA along with the Heads of States and Clubs, the SRA Racing Committee and the Safety Committee, are in a position to announce a go live for the season.
There’s been a bit of work done since we last communicated, mainly to consider the start/end dates of the new season. We are super conscious none of us have raced in some time, so our proposal is to come back to racing with the best deal we can offer. Please see dot points below –
Your 12 month membership will now include –
• A 14 month season – starting in November 2021 and concluding 31st Dec 2022;
• An early bird discount extension of 10% for those who pay prior to Oct 31st, 2021;
• 10 Classic events (normally its 8) plus the new format Barry Beehag 100km race;
• A second boat policy (second to none) where if you do not utilise your second boat simultaneously in the same race, in the next race you can substitute your boat out for the other at no cost;
• The addition of a new tiered approach to your membership, ensuring lower risk classes are rewarded with a lower cost membership;
• A new ‘Tier 8’ racing format for clubs wanting to run lower cost races and to entice old and new members into the sport. SRA is extremely proud of this approach, with Region V and Cliftonville clubs re affiliating themselves with SRA. Our aim is to attract other clubs from Queensland, Victoria and South Australia to this format to get boats out of sheds and old members dusting off their gear;
• A reasonable sized discount on your individual and boat membership vs last year.
Races will recommence as soon as 30th October at some venues and most States and Clubs in NSW and Qld will kick off through Nov and Dec. Vic is awaiting an increased Vaccination rate but are getting ready to go with plans to race on 13th 14th of November (TBC).
Our first Classic race will be the Ted Hurley on January 22/23. We urge everyone to enter a couple of local Point Scores / Series Days or local events prior to your first race. Any time you spend back in the saddle will be good time as we will all likely be a bit rusty.
Our Calendar will be available in the next week or so.
Lastly, our COVID refund policy –
SRA is a Not-for-profit organisation and plan to provide a membership refund where Classic races are interrupted by COVID-19. This will be based on the cost of insurance at that point in time (non refundable portion) and then based on the percentage of the year/races that have been impacted. Our focus is on the Classics, as Series Days and Point Scores can be re-scheduled where possible.
Racing wherever you are racing, will house some minor differences. Please be patient with officials and fellow competitors as we all start to understand what that might look like.
We cant wait to see you all back on the water.
Let’s Go Racing
By SkiRacing |October 8th, 2021
Live – SRA is excited to announce our 2021/2022 Season is GO!
In the off season (so to speak), the new SRA Board has secured an insurance deal, put together a Racing Committee along with a Heads of States and Clubs forum, and together we are super excited to announce we are in a position to get ready to GO RACING for the 2021/2022 season. Memberships and fees to be released shortly – watch this space!
Thursday August 20, 2020
Change to racing season
Due to the on-going and complex restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic, including the hard border closures, the board of Ski Racing Australia have decided it is necessary to postpone the commencement of 2020/2021 season. The season is now proposed to run the full calendar year from January to December 2021.
This is a decision that has not been taken lightly but the on-going uncertainties in Victoria and the border closures between Vic, NSW and QLD have made it extremely difficult for our event organisers to plan their races with any certainty at all. Without a doubt this has been an extremely difficult time for businesses and individuals as well as the various sporting codes and clubs.
So, whilst we take a pause on the racing, we want you to stay “connected” during the “down time” . The SRA board and committee members are also looking at how best to use this time and will be focusing on improvements to the rule book, looking at a number of suggested race improvements and at a number of key safety initiatives. We will also be working with the Clubs so that we are all ready to re-start the sport in the New Year in the best shape possible.
SRA understand that members may be reluctant to renew their usual full membership at the moment, but we are encouraging all of you to stay connected by joining as a $100 Social member during this extended off season. This will also help to support SRA and our work over the next few months.
In the next few weeks, you will receive a “new” social membership renewal form. This form will replace the form that was sent out earlier this year.
Your new membership renewal form will also include an option for you to make a donation to support the work of the SRA board and committees over the coming months through a donation to SRA.
Some of you will recall the important work on helmets safety that has previously been carried out by Dr Andrew McIntosh. The next stage of that work, which was recommended by SRA’s Safety Committee in conjunction with the Department of Maritime Safety, was in relation to head and neck restraint testing. SRA is keen to proceed to this phase of this vitally important testing and research.
If you have renewed your membership already, our membership officer, Sue, will be in touch with you.
New renewal forms will be sent out again in October/November 2020 for the 2021 season.
How many races will there be then next year?
SRA: We expect that there will be up to 24 events (the same number of events as previously proposed). It is likely that some of the Series Days and Point scores may have to be re-scheduled but the intention is “Classic River Races” will maintain their annual date. SRA will be working with the clubs around new dates, and a revised calendar will be released by SRA later in the year, closer to the start of the 2021 season.
If I re-join at the $100 “social” rate, will this come off my membership next year?
SRA: No. This is just an interim social membership. You will receive a new renewal form for the 12 months from 1 January 2021.
Will the SRA Office remain functioning during this time
SRA: Yes, but on reduced hours. To keep the costs down, Sue (Harris – Memberships Manager) will work reduced part-time hours, however membership enquiries will continue to be addressed as soon as practicable.
What is happening with the newly formed committees?
SRA: The Racing Committee will be finalised in the next few weeks and the Safety Committee will re-start their meetings and subsequent work. The plan is to spend this time making sure the racing is in the best shape possible for kick off in January. This will include review of the rule book, safety procedures, scrutineering and SRA policies around event and risk management.
On behalf of the Board and Chair of Ski Racing Australia I wish to thank you for your patience and understanding at this difficult time. It is important to stay safe, reach out to support each other and also support SRA and our clubs as we prepare for racing again in the New Year!
Yours in Ski Racing,
Ph: (03) 9681 7058
Fax: (03) 8672 6449
It has been some time since my last CEO update – August 2019 to be exact and whilst I vacated the CEO chair I have continued to work with the previous and now newly elected board behind the scenes on a part-time basis. As our new Chair, Rowena McNally wrote a week or so ago I have resumed the CEO role at SRA effective July 1, but still on a part-time basis. This is predominantly a cost saving decision, however I assure our members the effort and work behind the scenes has been anything but part-time from our dedicated new board.
There is no “sugar coating” that ALL sports currently face an uncertain future during these unprecented times. Whilst all business and sports included have been put under immense pressure since March this year, the board of SRA and our new Chair have been “zooming” regularly and spent many hours navigating the best way forward for Ski Racing to continue, along with our stakeholders. Whilst there probably has been plenty of “bank talk” even though no-one is spending anytime at a river or lake lately, I assure all our members that we intend to go racing again and as soon as possible. Naturally this has to be in-line with Federal and State Government health guidelines, but we are finally in a position to release the SRA Calendar for 2020-21. This calendar, whilst final at the time of printing, needs to be treated as a “final draft” as like all sports we may have to adjust on the run.
Within the coming days you will see a “Return to Race” document also published. This outlines the protocols and requirements for members and event organisers when we are back racing. All sports have created/implemented a similar set of procedures and this will also ensure not only do we get back racing, but have all events run in a consistent and most importantly safe manner.
As Rowena has already stated in her Chair update, we have faced several challenges not the least Insurance and that is why it has taken a little longer to release a reduced calendar for the coming season. Happily, all of the Classics remain, but our club and state point score days have had to be reduced to bring the overall operational cost to the sport down.
Shortly you will receive your membership renewal. Again, these have taken a little longer to get out this year but not due to a potential lack of racing or a cancellation of racing full stop. At this time, I also need to thank Sue our Membership Manager who works remotely like myself and is working flat out to get everything out!
In closing, on behalf of the Chair and Board of SRA we are doing everything possible to ensure the “Ultimate Lifestyle Sport” is back on the water racing again very soon and more importantly comes out the other side of this pandemic in the best shape possible.
Yours in Ski Racing,
CEO – Ski Racing AustraliaBy SkiRacing|July 9th, 2020
As previously noted in Rowena’s statement to members, the SRA Board are now calling for expressions of interest from members for the Racing Committee.
Please carefully read the terms of reference before completing an expression of interest form.
Submissions close July 15.